Monday, December 8, 2008

Salon of Shame - A Must See!

So, it's a week late, but I HAVE to tell you about this show I went to last Tuesday with my co-worker, Cindy. She has been telling me for some time that I must see the Salon of Shame. Since it only occurs every two months, it was quite awhile before I had the chance.

What is the Salon of Shame? I thought you would never ask. The Salon of Shame resembles a good ol' poetry reading... with a twist. Readers get up and thoroughly embarrass themselves by reading from their childhood diaries, journals, notes, and miscellaneous musings. Let me tell you, this is HILARIOUS! Not only are the topics tackled completely entertaining, but they are totally relatable. Honestly, how many of us can relate to pining for the cutest boy in class or writing that potentially award-winning hit song?

Anyway, I completely recommend attending this show for anyone that has the chance. The website is www.salonofshame.com and the shows happen in several cities besides Seattle. If you want to see a sample YouTube video of someone's reflections on why the toilet paper companies use bears and babies for advertising (warning: some language inappropriate for work settings or in the presence of children), go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyyipx4PowQ.

That's all for now!

No comments: