Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HEY YOU GUYS!













No I didn't get to meet the cast of The Goonies, but I did get to see the giant cave where they found One-Eyed Willie's pirate ship! Presently, no ship or secret treasure are still in the cave... they have been replaced by hundreds of sea lions! My family and I visited the cave while we were on our Oregon Coast holiday vacation. It's exact location was Yachats, Oregon.

It was pretty fascinating. We had to take an elevator down 206 feet into the ground. The elevator gave us a preview of the unpleasant aroma these creatures put off. Luckily, you get used to the smell very quickly and it doesn't ruin the rest of the experience. The whole cave is very loud because of the water crashing into the cave and the barking of the sea lions. You aren't actually in the big cave, but a small offset of it that has a viewing screen into the bigger space.

I have added some pictures below and a video over the right hand side of this page in my YouTube section (Check it out!).




















More photos of the beach house:













No comments: