Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Belated Turkey Day!

Hello friends and family!

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving celebrations. We had a pretty good time here in Seattle. Neither Gus nor I were able to get the time off to go home, so we decided to host our first dinner instead! Our guests included my sister, Becci, who drove up from Eugene, OR and her friend Chelsea, and Gus' and my mutual friend, Srini.

Gus was so excited for approximately the entire week before the dinner. He told everyone how he was going to cook the turkey and how he had come by that decision (advice from friends or coworkers, online reading, etc.)! Needless to say the turkey came out fabulously. By my persuasion, we using a turkey bag to cook, but Gus did stuff the bird with an orange, apple, 3 celery sticks, one whole onion, and numerous spices. In addition to that pile, Gus rubbed the bird both outside and underneath the skin with various spices and butter.

Other food items included: chive mashed potatoes, rolls, french onion green bean caserole, stuffing, deviled eggs, veggies, cranberry sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, apple and pumpkin pies! Additionally, we finished off about 7 bottles of wine before the night was over. Overall, the entire evening was an extreme success and Gus is already planning dinner for next year's event.

Not to miss a national Thanksgiving tradition, Becci, Chelsea and I woke at 5:30 the next day and joined the masses at the various malls and electronics stores. I was semi-successful with my Christmas gift shopping, but I definitely spent more time in the check out lines than actually shopping. Oh well. I was glad to be finished around 11am.

As for the rest of my long weekend, I have watched a lot of Gonzaga basketball (Go Zags!) and plan to watch them in the championship game of the Old Spice Classic tonight versus Tennessee. Should be a great game!

Catch you all later.
















No comments: