Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sorry for the delay, I've been in San Fran!

Hi Everyone - Sorry it has been so long since I posted. Hope you enjoy the wedding photos below. Just to catch you up to my activities...

I spent most of last week in San Francisco with my new client. We were attending the CTIA Wireless trade show, and meeting with reporters, bloggers, and analysts in order to show off our new phones! We spent all day Wednesday and Thursday in a restaurant where I ushered people back and forth for the meetings. I saw the same demo and listened to the same information so many times, and I could definitely give them myself... possibly even in my sleep!

Each night, I went out to drinks and drinks with my clients or colleagues, and boy did I eat well! The first night we went to The Slanted Door which is a highly sought after location. The food definitely lived up to its reputation and practically melted in your mouth. Filet mignon, halibut, tiger prawns, on and on. Mmmm... I also had drinks with an old colleague of mine who has relocated to SF. The next night, I attended my Windows Mobile client's happy hour press event and accompanied them to a fancy sushi restaurant for dinner. I tried many different kinds of sushi, but my favorite part was the last dish they brought out... filet mignon and wasabi mashed potatoes. I let everyone know that this is how a Montana girl ends a sushi meal!

On my final night in SF, I was left to myself, as many of my colleagues had headed home that morning (I had meetings until 6 that night). Since I had never been to SF, I decided to take advantage and hopped a cable car towards the Fisherman's Wharf. I got out at Lombard Street, the most crooked street in the world, and walked the rest of the way to the water. Walking down the hill, you could see Alcatraz out in the bay, but it was way too foggy to see the Golden Gate Bridge... bummer. Maybe next time. After much wandering, I found a lovely Italian restaurant and treated myself to a lovely meal. I then hopped on the next cable car and went back to the hotel.
The next morning, I was on my way back to Seattle, but not before being sufficiently held up at the airport security check. They kept running my bags through the scanner and finally decided to open them and search. After 10-15 minutes of not letting anyone behind me through the checkpoint, they finally discovered the "mysterious" item they were looking for. Guess what it was? MY NECKLACE! Haha. I had removed it and put it in my coat pocket so it wouldn't set off the alarm. Necklaces are quite dangerous, so I'm not sure what I was thinking by bringing it with me. Finally, I was let through and hopped my flight back home.

It was definitely one of the most exhausting "vacations" of my life, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! Pics below...

Cable Car!
Waiting in line for the cable car.
The top of Lombard Street
Another view from Lombard St.
At the bottom of Lombard St.
Alcatraz out in the bay.
Some boats at the Fisherman's Wharf
Another of Alcatraz in the fog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehey! Just thought I would drop a line and say hi....sounds like you've been busy :) also I wanted to let you know that not only are you hitting the quarter of a century mark, we've known each other for a quarter of our lives....how crazy is that?! Hope you have a great birthday....