Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last of Our ‘Real’ Summer Weekends

I’m going to say it. Summer is over and fall is beginning to set in. While I will miss the steady stream of visitors and warm weather outings we’ve enjoyed this year, I am thoroughly looking forward to sweater weather and a little down time at the house. However, in observance of the end of summer, Gus and I had two last hoorahs over the previous weekends...

First, Jayme came to visit! This was a real first. Normally, Gus and I have to traipse all over the world (Morocco or Spain) to even catch a glimpse of the girl who I have called my best friend for nearly 20 years! After much coaxing, and Gus purchasing a new house containing a guest room perfect for her, Jayme made her way out to Seattle. We had a fantastic time, despite the fact that the weather chose to cooperate only about 50% of the time. We shopped, ate tons of food (introduced Jayme to Indian cuisine!), visited the San Juan islands, caught a concert, watched too many reality cake decorating shows, and simply relaxed! Phewwww, what a way to observe Labor Day weekend. Jayme took off back to Bozeman on Tuesday, and I started my new job the very next day.














And for the last hoorah... We finally got invited out to Britt’s parent’s cabin on Herron Island, outside of Tacoma. We’ve been hearing about how wonderful this place is for nearly 3 years now, w/o any invitation to come stay. Finally, last weekend, a good majority of our friends headed down to the island for some REAL relaxation. Let me tell you, there is no better way to spend the last sunny weekend of the year than relaxing on a private island with a good book and good company. We did take a little jaunt around the island in some kayaks in the hopes of spotting some Orcas, to no avail (the neighbors had seen whales each of the previous two mornings). We played cards and made burgers and read books. It was heaven. Come Sunday afternoon, we headed back into the city ready to take on another week of work.



















After all the excitement this summer, you must be asking yourself, “How will Jeanine keep herself entertained?” Well, have no fear. I have TONS more activities in the near future and will keep each and every one of you apprised of them all. Next up: Going to see the Broadway show ‘Wicked’ for my 26th birthday tomorrow night... My how time flies.

No comments: