Thursday, September 10, 2009

It’s Official: I have a new job!

As most of you know, I’ve been without a job now for nearly 2 months. My interim time has been spent scouring the Internet for job postings, turning in resumes, attending interviews, and patiently awaiting the results. Well, I’m pleased to announce that the wait is over!

Yesterday was my first day as the newest Account Executive at Sterling Communications. My job at Sterling will involve most of the same tasks I was doing previously as it is also a tech PR agency, although much much smaller (there are only 4 of us in the Seattle office). It is located downtown, so I didn’t have to learn any new bus schedules/routes for my commute. So far, all the people in the office seem very nice and my days are running smoothly. My only hurdle right now is learning how to use the new Macbook computer I’ve been assigned, as this is an all Apple product office... I’m extremely used to Microsoft products, so this should be interesting! I am confident that I’ll pick it up and enjoy using the machine in no time.

That's it for now. I'll keep you up-to-date on how things go. Until then, stay tuned for my next blog about last weekend’s visit from my dear friend, Jayme!

No comments: