Monday, June 22, 2009

Viva La Vie Boheme!


On Friday, Gus treated me with tickets to see the Broadway show, RENT! I was ecstatic, as the show has a great reputation and I know the music very well. Additionally, the gentlemen that played Roger (Adam Pascal) and Mark (Anthony Rapp) were part of the original cast for both the Broadway show and the movie, Wahoo!

We met up with Brittney and her boyfriend, Tom, before the show to enjoy wine and appetizers at Purple. Then we walked down to the Paramount Theatre which hosted the Seattle leg of the show's tour. The show was nothing short of fantastic (I had a tear of joy at the end). The crowd sang along, clapped, cheered, danced, and celebrated as the plot unfolded. The diverse and colorful crowd was very fun to mingle amongst and watch curiously.

If any of you have the chance to see this show, I HIGHLY recommend it. You will not be disappointed. Gus and I love going to see good Broadway shows and we already have tickets for another show in September called Wicked. Should be a blast!

No comments: